POSITION AVAILABLEAn Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Prevention Specialist
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work Site: Residential facility and off-site locations
Wage: Commensurate with experience and skill level
- Provide prevention and education services related to domestic, dating, and sexual violence in a trauma-informed, culturally appropriate, and accessible manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of participants
- Maintain activity notes, documentation, program participant data, and program files
- Provide prevention programs and referrals for youth and adults
- Establish community network and collaborate with public and private organizations
- Create and conduct professional training programs and focus groups
- Participate in activities to identify service gaps and prevent domestic, dating, and sexual violence
- Assist in designing prevention program materials
- Provide training and education programs for a variety of audiences and community partners
- Represent Alternatives Incorporated at community events
- Provide services in compliance with all funding contracts, including data and report preparation
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, homelessness, and child abuse
- Knowledge of prevention methodologies and techniques
- Skills in written documentation, interpersonal communication, and public speaking
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to remain calm, use sound judgment, and determine specific action under pressure
Alternatives Incorporated is committed to creating an inclusive team; applicants from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and their resume by Thursday, April 1, 2021 to: Ashley Waterbury-Carpenter, Chief Operating Officer; email@example.com; (phone) 765-643-0218; (fax) 765-643-0291.
Alternatives Incorporated does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, political beliefs, or military and veteran status.