Position title: Prevention Specialist
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Work site: Community sites & administrative facility
Employment status: Full time
FLSA status: Non Exempt
Wage range: $9-$14.50 per hour commensurate with experience and skill level
- Provide prevention education sessions for parents and youth about sexual violence and healthy relationships.
- Form youth focus groups to identify gaps in knowledge about sexual violence and healthy relationships.
- Conduct professional training programs.
- Engage community members in domestic and sexual violence prevention initiatives.
- Provide prevention community education programs
- Respond to crisis situations and disclosures
- Maintain appropriate program documentation
- Network with other agencies and providers
- Travel to off-site locations
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients
- Prepare reports in a timely manner
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and child abuse
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques
- Knowledge of prevention methodologies and techniques
- Skills in written documentation
- Skills in interpersonal communication
- Skills in public speaking
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or picture form
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 to: Ashley Waterbury-Carpenter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject as Resume.
Alternatives Incorporated does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, political beliefs, or military and veteran status.