DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE
This is a broad concept encompassing behavior that occurs both on and off the worksite. Domestic violence in the workplace includes all behaviors that interfere with an individual’s capability to safely and securely perform their duties at work. It includes but is not limited to constant phone calls, showing up at the workplace, causing the survivor to miss or be late for work, and even homicide. Domestic violence in the workplace also includes conduct which occurs outside the workplace, such as sleep deprivation and physical injuries which impact an individual’s ability to perform their job.
Alternatives Incorporated partners with employers to address domestic violence in the workplace by:
- Providing training for employers, human resource departments, or the entire company about the dynamics and effects of domestic violence
- Helping employers identify how to strengthen their support for domestic violence victims in the workplace
- Linking employers with available community resources
- Providing support for employees experiencing domestic violence
- Assisting with workplace protective orders
If you are interested in having your workplace partner with Alternatives Incorporated or if you one of your employees needs help, please contact Kelly Buzan at (765) 643-0218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need immediate assistance, please call our crisis line (866) 593-9999 for advocate response.