Alternatives Incorporated's programs and services all support one another. Staff work together to ensure survivors are connected to the services they need most. We recognize every survivor's story and experience is unique - the supports and assistance they need are too. Our services are trauma-informed and focus on empowering survivors to discover their strengths and achieve their goals. In addition to services for survivors, we offer community education and prevention programming in our efforts to break the cycle of violence and engage the community in our work to support survivors on their journey of healing.
- We offer a variety of housing services to assist survivors in establishing a safe, peaceful home.
- We offer non-residential services for survivors in need of support and advocacy, but not housing.
- We offer specialized services for children, with the hope of breaking the cycle of violence.
- We offer on-site pet sheltering if leaving your pet behind is a barrier for coming to shelter.
- We provide training and education for community groups, law enforcement, businesses, faith organizations, teachers, health care workers, and first responders such as firefighters.
- Our prevention services include classroom based dating violence and sexual assault sessions for teens.
- We offer crisis response services for sexual assault victims as well as treatment and intervention in collaboration with the Madison County Sexual Assault Treatment Center.
Please click on any of the links above to read more detail about our services.