We consider the emergency shelter program the “heart” of Alternatives. It is the program our other services flow through and around. The shelter is a life preserver for victims. In order to address the complex issues surrounding domestic violence, we must be more than a shelter.
- We offer specialized services for children, with the hope of breaking the cycle of violence.
- We offer on-site pet sheltering if leaving your pet behind is a barrier for coming to shelter.
- We provide training and education for community groups, law enforcement, businesses, faith organizations, teachers, health care workers, and first responders such as firefighters.
- Our prevention services include classroom based dating violence and sexual assault sessions for teens; and bystander intervention training for alcohol-serving establishments.
- We offer crisis response services for sexual assault victims as well as treatment and intervention in collaboration with the Madison County Sexual Assault Treatment Center.
Please click on any of the links above to read more detail about our services.